When we were children there were people we literally looked up to, because they were, in our eyes larger than life. This is also the American philosophy. In the last 80 or so years it became our mantra. Be First, Be the biggest , be the baddest ( in a good way, Until Bush # 2) in everything we are. The problem occurred when we forgot about the cost associated with being the biggest. It takes effort to keep up the front.
For years I lifted weights to put some man size of my former 150 ~ 160 lb frame ( top out at about 215~217, that’s almost 70lbs..OMG). There is one thing about gaining the muscle, I lost my flexibility, due to my concentration on being bigger. This same scenario has happened in our society too. BIG house, big card etc, yada yada yada.
After realizing how limited my range of motion has been hampering me lately I decided to do something about it. So let me proclaim my intentions, This is not a new years resolution either.
- Ability to place my palms on the floor from a straight legged bent stance. ( can’t even touch my shoes,OH LORD PLEASE!)
- Able to do Chinese split (GIVE ME STRENGTH)
- ability to do backwards rollover into a hand stance. (Pray for me)
- get through 35 minute yoga or stretching routine in great form. ( I got health care so I’m good)
- And last but not least drop down to 185 ~190 lbs (that’s hot). (Just say no to the Grape drink)
I have come to learn in various aspects,bigger is not always better. Most often just right is better than too much.
Acquiring the philosophy of SIMPLE seems to be the best way to live. Learning how having excess prevents many of us from living SIMPLE.
Here comes another list folks.
- Too many people around you for no reason—Drama = NOT SIMPLE.
- Having too much credit -Drama =NOT SIMPLE
- Concerned about other peoples business and not just your own – DRAMA = NOT SIMPLE (IMMA DO ME, U DO YOU)
- Not listening to what Life is telling you to do cause it seems hard -DRAMA = Not SIMPLE
If you live simply, below your means, you can have a Better experience which is more enjoyable than a Bigger experience.
So it’s time to at least TRY taking care of you MIND, BODY and SOUL. Which I feel is our own personal trinity. (BIBLE REFERENCE)